The specific nature of the i-gaming business poses many accounting challenges to preparers. This session will focus on special considerations which are specific to the i-gaming industry. By way of practical examples, the session will tackle the following areas:
- Accounting for jackpot and jackpot liabilities
- Loyalty and incentive programmes including but not limited to:
- Discretionary incentive programs
- Non-discretionary incentive programs
- Free play other than through loyalty programs
- Free cash other than through loyalty programs
- Other complimentary benefits offered to players.
- Accounting for licenses, project development, pre-opening costs, and start-up costs.
- Accounting considerations for other long-lived assets.
- Purchase of a business, purchase of customers.
- Guarantees – initial recognition and measurement of guarantees.