The deduction system incorporated in EU VAT law has been designed to relieve businesses from the burden of the VAT payable or paid in the course of their economic activities. During this seminar we will go through the origin and the scope of right of deduction and the main principles.
The training course is particularly suitable for professionals, tax advisors and practitioners working in VAT or who are pursuing or intend to pursue a career generally in taxation and specifically in the area of indirect taxation. This session may also be applicable to financial controllers and CFOs.
Participants are expected to have a basic understanding of VAT.
Thursday, 27th February 2020
08:45 – Registration
09:00 – 10:30 – Part 1
10:30 – 10:45 – Coffee Break
10:45 – 12.00 – Part 2
12:00 – 12:15 – Question time
3 core hours
- Origin and scope of right of deduction;
- Proportional deduction;
- Restrictions on the right of deduction – “Blocked Items”;
- Rules governing exercise of the right of deduction;
- Adjustment of deductions – including ‘Capital Good Scheme’
- The ECJ on the right of deduction