This workshop will be split into 3 in-depth sessions involving several practical case studies focusing on S.L.281.05, General Accounting Principles for Small and Medium-Sized Entities (GAPSME). The workshops are aimed at getting a detailed understanding and application of GAPSME both at financial accounting and financial reporting levels.
The course will focus on:
- The general applicability of GAPSME
- Recognition, measurement and disclosure requirements of several areas comprising:
- Property, plant and equipment
- Investment property
- Intangible assets other than goodwill
- Government grants
- Financial assets, financial liabilities and equity
- Investments in subsidiaries, associates and joint ventures
- Impairment of assets
- Revenue and construction contracts
- Income taxes
- Provisions and contingencies
- Discontinued operations and assets held for sale
- Accounting policies, estimates and errors
- Foreign currency translation
- Post balance sheet events
- Related party disclosures
- Transition and adoption of GAPSME
After completion of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand the structure of the framework
- Apply relevant GAPSME Sections to key elements of financial reports
- Identify and apply disclosure requirements for companies in their financial reports.
- Prepare financial statements under the small regime and medium regime.
Audience: These workshops are ideal for accountants, finance or tax professionals who need a comprehensive and practical guide to GAPSME. The workshops are also intended for students who unfortunately do not have the opportunity to study GAPSME during their studies.
Dates: Monday 16th December, Tuesday 17th December, Wednesday 18th December
Time-table: (applies for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday)
8:45 – Registration
9:00 – 11:00 Part 1
11:00 – 11:15 Coffee break
11:15 – 13:00 Part 2
13:00 – 13:15 Coffee break
13.15 – 14.30 Conclusion and question time
15 core hours
Who is this workshop for?
These workshops are ideal for accountants, finance or tax professionals who need a comprehensive and practical guide to GAPSME. The workshops are also intended for students who unfortunately do not have the opportunity to study GAPSME during their studies.