Cryptographic assets are a relatively new reality. Despite existing for about a decade, such assets have taken the world and Malta by storm during the past three years and have caught accountants unawares. At date of writing, accounting guidance is new and/or limited. The seminar will look into the most appropriate accounting treatment of various cryptographic assets based on the guidance available at the date of the seminar. A very practical and engaging case study shall be walked through and shall involve all attendees!
The training course is specifically targeted to accounting professionals and students who are interested in learning about cryptographic assets, and specifically how it is most appropriate to account for such assets.
Participants attending this course are expected to have a basic understanding of both double entry and financial reporting.
Wednesday 26th February 2020
13:45 – 14:00 – Registration
14:00 – 15:30 – Part 1
15:30 – 15:45 – Coffee Break
15:45 – 17.00 – Part 2
17:00 – 17:15 – Question time
3 core hours
- [Theory] An introduction to the concept of blockchain and various cryptographic assets.
- [Practice] An introduction to the case study (a typical white paper).
- [Theory] Accounting for various cryptographic assets.
- [Practice] Trading with cryptographic assets.
- [Practice] Accounting for cryptographic assets.