Changes in contract terms are often referred to in IFRS as modifications. The main standards tackling modifications that are also effective at the date of the seminar are standards relating to:
- Financial Instruments
- Share-Based Payments
This seminar aims to cover all types of changes in contract terms in the above listed areas, irrespectively of whether the change in contract terms results in a contract modification or in a new contract. Via numerous practical examples, attendees are expected to leave the seminar possessing a heightened level of awareness and ability in relation to the treatment of changes in contract terms.
Examples of contracts changes include:
- What if the duration of a loan changes, together with the projected cash flows?
- What if a Company was leasing three floors, and midway through the contract, it is agreed that it will also lease the penthouse?
- What if a Company and its customer change the terms of a contract whereby additional deliverables are included
The training course is specifically targeted to accounting professionals and students, especially those who are pursuing or intend to pursue a career in audit, accountancy or IFRS expertise.
Participants are expected to have a solid understanding of basic accounting concepts, including double entry and basic financial reporting. It is also important that attendees have an adequate grasp of IFRS 9 ‘Financial Instruments’, IFRS 15 ‘Revenue From Contracts With Customers’ and IFRS 16 ‘Leases’.
Wednesday 20th May 2020
13:45 – 14:00 – Registration
14:00 – 15:30 – Part 1
15:30 – 15:45 – Coffee Break
15:45 – 17:00 – Part 2
17:00 – 17:15 – Question Time
3 core hours
- Part 1: Modification of financial instruments contracts.
- Part 2: Modification of share-based payments contracts.
- Part 3: Modification of revenue contracts.
- Part 4: Modification of lease contracts.